|KRUPS Grind and Brew Coffee maker||5 grinder settings for your perfect grind||3 brew strength selections (mild, medium, strong)||View on Amazon|
|Cuisinart DGB-900BC Grind & Brew Thermal 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker||Fully programmable||Charcoal and gold filters lock-in the freshness||View on Amazon|
|BLACK+DECKER 12-Cup Mill and Brew Coffeemaker, Black, CM5000B||Integrated Grinder and Brew Filter for simple cleanup||Clear-view window makes it easy to check water level||View on Amazon|
|Bonavita Connoisseur 8-Cup One-Touch Coffee Maker Featuring Hanging Filter Basket and Thermal Carafe, BV1901TS||Showerhead brew design||Precise 1500-watt heater||View on Amazon|
|Capresso 465 CoffeeTeam TS 10-Cup Digital Coffeemaker with Conical Burr Grinder and Thermal Carafe||Five grinder settings for light to dark beans||Stainless steel design to maximize brewing aroma||View on Amazon|
Whether you’re a minimalist, or you just like to declutter, combining your coffee maker and grinder can be an excellent way to save counter space & precious time. There are several coffee makers on the market today which provide brewers equipped with top-of-the-line grinders, giving you the best of both worlds in one package.
The overall selection of home coffeemakers with built in grinders has come a long way, and nowadays you can brew an amazing cup of coffee right at home, instead of paying five dollars at the local cafe.
In fact, once you taste the brew from one of the coffeemakers featured in our review, you’ll likely never want to dish out the extra money for gourmet coffee shop coffee ever again. Plus, rather than having to clean two devices once you’re done brewing… you’ll only have to deal with cleaning one unit.
Now, let’s take a look at the five best coffee makers with built in grinders. Each of the coffee makers on our list features a premium bean grinder, with several grind & brew settings for your unique tastes. That way you can have the perfect cup of coffee each and every morning, without stressing your budget at all.
All Reviewed Products Contain Paid Links To Amazon.com
- 1 KRUPS Grind and Brew Auto-start Coffee Maker with Built in Burr Coffee Grinder, 10 Cups, Black
- 2 Cuisinart DGB-900BC Grind & Brew Thermal 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker
- 3 BLACK+DECKER 12-Cup Mill and Brew Coffeemaker, Black, CM5000B
- 4 Bonavita Connoisseur 8-Cup One-Touch Coffee Maker Featuring Hanging Filter Basket and Thermal Carafe, BV1901TS
- 5 Capresso 465 CoffeeTeam TS 10-Cup Digital Coffeemaker with Conical Burr Grinder and Thermal Carafe
Coffee Maker with Built In Grinders Should Have:
- Brew setting – If your coffee maker only has one setting, then you’re likely missing out on a lot of flavor potential from your beans. You want at least 2 brew settings, strong and regular, but 3 different brew setting is ideal. If your coffee maker offers mild, medium, and strong then you know you’re dealing with a high end unit that offers maximum flavor extracting potential. So, if your current coffee maker only has 1 option, then you’re definitely leaving a lot to be desired in your brews.
- Grinder options – You want at least 3 separate grind options when you’re grinding your coffee beans. These selections should range all the way from a coarse grind to a very fine grind quality. How you grind your beans will depend on the flavor and potency you’re going for with your particular brew.
- Keep warm and auto start features – These are two major conveniences that you don’t want to overlook when you’re shopping for a new coffee maker with a built in grinder. Luckily, most every coffee maker includes this nowadays, but hey it’s always important to double check before you fully invest in your new brewer.
- Thermal vs. Glass Carafe – It’s important to figure out which type of carafe you’ll prefer for your brew. A thermal carafe will keep your brew hot for longer, but it can be more expensive and harder to clean than a glass carafe. The benefits of a glass carafe are typically its lower price and the presentation. If you want to be able to see your delicious concoction and you’re on a budget, then a glass carafe is likely the way to go.
Costing over $100 puts the KRUPS Grind and Brew Coffee Maker into the luxury category of home coffee makers. If you’ve been brewing your coffee with a $10 maker for the last decade, then this is probably what you’ve been missing. It’s one of the most affordable high end coffee makers with a built in grinder on the market today.
From a coarse grind all the way to the finest grind imaginable, the KRUPS built-in and highly intuitive control panel makes selecting your perfect brew settings as easy as possible. You can be sure each cup of coffee tastes as good as the last thanks to the design of this exceptional drip coffee maker.
Like a lot of coffee maker’s today, the KRUPS Grind and Brew also features a programmable auto-start, so you can have a guaranteed hot cup of coffee each and every morning. Lastly, we should mention the 2-hour keep warm feature and the 3 separate strength selections available on this coffee maker including mild, medium, and strong for the perfect balance in each cup.
- 5 grinder settings for your perfect grind
- 3 brew strength selections (mild, medium, strong)
- Auto-start and keep warm functions
Next up is the Cuisinart DGB-900BC Grind & Brew Automatic Coffee Maker. Coming in at over $100, this is yet another premium coffee maker, dare we say one of the best available today. However, you will definitely taste the difference between this coffee maker and one of the more affordable models.
With its strength selector, permanent charcoal water filter and gold tone filter, you can be sure you’re getting the freshest cup of coffee at home each time you decide to brew. There’s also a fully customizable grinder, allowing you to grind your beans exactly how you want without compromise.
- 12 cup double walled thermal carafe
- Fully programmable
- Charcoal and gold filters lock-in the freshness
The BLACK+DECKER 12-Cup Mill and Brew Coffeemaker is the most affordable coffee maker on our list. If you’re on a tight budget, but still want all of the best features from the premium coffee makers on our list, then this BLACK+DECKER 12-Cup Mill and Brew Coffeemaker is for you.
At just around $50, the BLACK+DECKER coffee maker will gladly turn your whole beans into one of the best cups of coffee you’ve ever tasted. This unit lacks some of the high-end coffee filters that you might find in the $100 plus range of coffee makers, but it’s possible you might not even notice unless you’re especially picky about your brew.
BLACK+DECKER’s QuickTouch programming panel allows you to fully customize each brew. This maker offers brew strength controls, auto start features, and a bronze tone filter that is permanent and does not require you to purchase additional paper filters for brewing. Finally we should mention the sneak-a-cup feature that allows you to pour your 1st cup while the maker continues to brew the whole pot.
- Duralife carafe holds 12 cups
- Clear-view window makes it easy to check water level
- Integrated Grinder and Brew Filter for simple cleanup
For a more compact, yet fully versatile brewer, look no further than the Bonavita Connoisseur 8-Cup One-Touch Coffee Maker. This little brewer packs in powerful performance under the hood, allowing it to brew 8-cups in only 6 minutes. That may not seem like much to boast about, but when you consider its precise 1500-watt integrated heater, and the optional pre-infusion mode which mimics actual professional pour-over brewing methods, then you can see why this unit is so popular online.
The pre-infusion mode will cut off the water flow periodically during the brewing process to allow the coffee grounds time to properly mix and process after grinding. Additionally the Bonavita Connoisseur 8-Cup One-Touch Coffee Maker features a showerhead design for an absolutely even saturation of the coffee grounds during every brew.
This coffee maker offers a simple design for consistent results. You may notice the hanging flat bottomed filter basket; this actually works in tandem with showerhead design to deliver absolute freshness from your beans.
- Precise 1500-watt heater
- Optional pre-infusion mode
- Showerhead brew design
Last up on our list of the top 5 coffee makers with built in grinders is the Capresso 465 CoffeeTeam TS 10-Cup Digital Coffeemaker. This specific coffee maker features a burr grinder with a thermal carafe made from stainless steel capable of keeping your coffee at the perfect temperature for several hours.
The stainless steel used in the design of this unit creates a very sophisticated home coffee maker experience that you’ll love. If there’s one thing we personally love about brewing coffee here at Whole World Coffee… it’s the aroma that’s released after every brewing session. Well, believe it or not this unit is particular is actually designed to maximize the aroma that is produced thanks to its stainless steel design.
Like some other coffee makers on our list, the Capresso 465 CoffeeTeam TS 10-Cup Digital Coffeemaker features a Gold tone filter so say goodbye to buying disposable paper coffee filters ever again. Lastly we should mention the large brewing capacity of this coffee maker. You can store enough whole beans in this unit to brew 20 cups of coffee. We personally love this feature because well… we get lazy sometimes, even as caffeinated as we are.
- Stainless steel design to maximize brewing aroma
- Detachable cover for easy cleaning
- Permanent Gold tone filter
- 4, 6, 8 or 10 cups and mild, regular or strong options
- Five grinder settings for light to dark beans