- 1 Tiny Footprint Coffee Cold Press Elixir
- 2 Cold Brew Lab Ground Organic Coffee Crafted for Cold Brewing, Extra Coarse Grind Size, Dark Roast, 1 LB Bag
- 3 Stone Street Coffee Cold Brew Reserve Colombian Single Origin Coarsely Ground Coffee – 1 lb. Bag – Dark Roast
- 4 The Chosen Bean Cold Brew Coffee Coarse Ground Premium Guatemalan Ethiopian Blend Medium Dark Roast Micro Roasted Low Acidity 12oz Kosher for Passover
- 5 La Pod Cold Brew One Coffee Pods | Single Cup or Batch Brewing Pods | (12 Count – Simple, Scalable Home Brewing for Cold Brew Coffee)
Looking For The Best Coffee Grounds For Cold Brew?
Here’s a look at our favorites, including our top pick – the Tiny Footprint Coffee Cold Press Elixir.
#1 Best Coffee Grounds For Cold Brew
If you haven’t tried cold brew coffee yet, you’re in for a treat. Cold brew coffee takes a lot longer to make, but your patience is rewarded with a coffee that’s significantly less acidic than traditional hot coffee.
Where traditional coffee uses hot water to release the flavor and contents of coffee, the cold brew process replaces heat with time. Cold brew coffee doesn’t release as much of the natural oil from the beans (which is what gives traditional coffee that “bite” with a bitter kick to the palette), and it keeps elements like ketones, amides, and esters locked away inside the beans.
The result is a cup of coffee that’s smooth, balanced, and large-bodied, with low acidity and minimal bitterness. For the best coffee possible try a grinder designed for cold brew.
What to look for in coffee grounds for cold brew
When you’re making cold brew coffee, you’ll need to pay special attention to the beans that you use. Most artisan coffee roasters take care of this for you by delivering blends that are specifically crafted for cold brewing, plus they utilize a precise scale, it still helps to know what to look for. To help you in your search for the perfect brew, here are a few things to look for in coffee grounds for cold brew coffee:
- Origin – South American coffee tends to have a deeper, darker flavor profile that’s ideal for cold brewing. Don’t let that keep you away from being adventurous and trying coffee from other regions, but it’s always a safe bet going with cold brew blends that use beans from Columbia and Guatemala.
- Quality – look for 100% Arabica coffee beans (kudos if they’re organic).
- Grind size – you’ll want to use thick, coarse ground beans to unlock the full flavor profile.
- Roast level – when it comes to cold brew, you’ll get the best flavor with dark and medium roasted beans.
Tiny Footprint Coffee was founded in 2010 by a team of specialty coffee artisans. All of their coffees come from select high-altitude Fair-Trade cooperatives and farms, and all of their sourcing partners are certified organic. The company test roasts and tastes every lot before purchasing their beans, and they craft roast their coffee in a vintage German Probat drum roaster that’s been retrofitted with computer-controlled fuel-efficient ribbon burners.
Their meticulous process ensures that every batch of coffee is roasted to perfection with optimal flavor and aroma. All of their coffees are uniquely crafted for clean, flavorful finishes, so they’re guaranteed to please no matter what your preferred brewing style is.
- 100% organic Arabica coffee beans
- 1 lb. bag of ground coffee
- Carbon negative and earth positive—a portion of every purchase goes towards funding reforestation in Ecuador’s cloud forests in partnership with the Mindo Cloudforest Foundation
- Taste profile: sweet, silky richness with subtle bright fruit and floral tones, infused in a cocoa-like body
Cold Brew Lab Ground Organic Coffee Crafted for Cold Brewing, Extra Coarse Grind Size, Dark Roast, 1 LB Bag
Cold Brew Lab is a great artisan coffee roaster from New York City. As the name suggests, these guys focus on crafting coffee that’s ideally-suited for cold brewing. Everything from the sourcing to the roasting comes together to create a smooth, well-rounded, low acid, and full bodied cold brew flavor.
- 1 lb. bag of extra course ground coffee (whole bean option available, too)
- Specialty-grade 100% Arabica Columbian Supremo coffee
- USDA certified organic, pesticide free
- Proprietary blend of medium and dark roast coffee beans
- Bold, flavorful, yet surprisingly smooth
Stone Street Coffee Cold Brew Reserve Colombian Single Origin Coarsely Ground Coffee – 1 lb. Bag – Dark Roast
New York City must be a mecca for artisan coffee, because here’s another top-rated cold brew product out of the city that never sleeps. Stone Street Coffee is a specialty roaster in Brooklyn, and they’ve been roasting handcrafted coffee since 2009. They maintain ethical and intimate sourcing relationships with farmers and cooperatives in the world’s best growing regions, and they only use the best specialty-grade beans. The result is an artfully crafted coffee that’s a delicious cold brew.
- 1 lb. bag of dark roast coarse ground coffee
- Special re-sealable stand-up pouch with three-layer kraft + foil packaging and a one-way de-gassing valve to maintain lasting freshness and aroma
- 100% Arabica coffee, single origin Colombian Supremo
- Taste profile: smooth, slightly sweet, well balanced, low acidity, and bold
The Chosen Bean Cold Brew Coffee Coarse Ground Premium Guatemalan Ethiopian Blend Medium Dark Roast Micro Roasted Low Acidity 12oz Kosher for Passover
If you’re looking for a Kosher coffee, I’d highly recommend going with The Chosen Bean Artisan Roasters. These guys take the craft seriously—every bean that they use is selected based on 14 different variances (taste, size, flavor, etc.), and the meticulous sourcing process delivers superior coffee beans.
Every batch of coffee that they roast is actually hand-roasted by the master roaster, who keeps a keen eye out to ensure a smooth finish without any burnt beans. The result is a delicious and smooth cold brew that you’re sure to enjoy.
- 100% Arabica coffee beans from single-origin farms in Guatemala and Ethiopia
- Kosher for Passover
- Taste profile: milk chocolate with underlying notes of cherry and a subtle sweetness
- Sealed in a dual-layered bag for insulation, with a one-way degassing valve to retain freshness and aroma
- Works with Oxo, Hario, Takeya, and Coffee Panda
- Recommended cold brew method: French press
La Pod Cold Brew One Coffee Pods | Single Cup or Batch Brewing Pods | (12 Count – Simple, Scalable Home Brewing for Cold Brew Coffee)
Whether you need to make a single cup or a whole pitcher coffee, La Pod Cold Brew Singles make it super simple to quickly make great cold brew coffee. The high-end coffee blend is stored inside pouches with a micro-mesh filter, and all you have to do is place the pod in a glass of water to cold-brew the contents. It’s clean, simple, fresh, and a lot less expensive than buying cold brew coffee by the bottle.
- Single-cup cold brew pods (can use multiple for a pitcher)
- Super easy to use
- 100% Arabica coffee
- Silky smooth taste with lower acidity
I’ve tried every cold brew coffee on this list and they’re all fantastic, so I won’t recommend one over the other. In fact, I’d highly recommend trying a few (or all) of them to spice things up and explore what flavors you like best. Pick the one that looks best today, then try the next one when the first bag runs out. Personally… I like espresso more than cold brew nowadays.